Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mourning Dove Takes a Nap

Yesterday afternoon, I arrived home to find a Mourning Dove nestled in the grass in front of my flower boxes. 



When I moved closer to see if it was injured (it was not), it just looked at me but didn't move one bit. I quickly grabbed my camera, and took some photos. All the while, it never moved. 



As I expected, it was gone the next morning. I still don't know if it had been hurt in anyway or was simply taking a rest on the shady grass. Either way, it was a delight to see up close!

For more on Mourning Doves, check out Cornell Lab of Ornithology

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! He was probably resting from the heat we're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Probably a quiet nap in the shade. sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!