Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Topiaries in the Landscape

I drove by a house in my neighborhood the other day that had these shaped topiaries on their lawn. I had never noticed them before but I thought they looked so cool! I can remember as a kid going to Disney World and being fascinated with the shrubs shaped like Mickey Mouse and other characters. Probably takes a lot to keep it in the proper form and make sure the cuttings don't brown out. Still, I thought these looked so fun!





Check out some more inspiring Topiary Gardens, as compiled on the blog "Surroundings."

6 comments:

  1. These are so cool. Somebody has a lot of time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I've never seen a display like that in a home garden. I'm sure that a lot of passers-by enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive home endeavor! It's nice to see someone using the hedge trimmer to make something more interesting than spheres and cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Have you ever seen the Bishopville South Carolina garden of "A Man Named Pearl"?? Amazing topiaries!! I went there last year; I'll have to do a post about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun...they must be very sure of themselves...I can only imagine if I tried that to find there are no leaves left on the shrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni - I have never been to the garden in Bishopville, but I looked it up online and it's incredible! I'm going to add it to my "places to visit" list. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!