Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bright Color Combinations


Main Street Nursery in Huntington, NY had this display of pansies out front by the road. I had to stop and take a photo because I loved the color combination so much! The deep burgundy really gives some depth to the bed and makes the yellow color pop.

Often in the spring we see only pinks, whites and blues. But I really like the vibrant color scheme they have here - and probably would also look great in the fall!

Be sure to check out the Garden Party happening over at Fishtail Cottage today!

4 comments:

  1. Great photo's! I love seeing how beautiful our planet can really be, great arrangement! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I agree, this is a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, Definitely a great color combination. We have many bright colors here in the tropics. So I opted for pink instead. You did it the other way around.

    Btw, I love your caption. Ah...chooooo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here through Cottage Flora Thursday - and I love your pansies! You're right - the burgandy really makes it pop! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!