Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

What's Blooming: February 2014

Marshmallow trees, cotton ball shrubs and whipped cream covered landscapes. That's what's blooming at my house today. Well, given the extra dumping of snow we got from the recent nor'easter, that's what it looks like anyway. Yes, it's pretty, but I am counting the days until I can see the ground again. 


The crape myrtle standing among a sea of snow. 


The weeping spruce and Japanese maple look like they are covered with marshmallow fluff. Thankfully they have remained strong through this winter. 


A variegated holly or a cotton field? 

The holly is not only covered with snow, but there are icicles hanging off the leaves in the front. I'll try to dust off some of the snow if it's not too heavy but the ice I will leave alone. Trying to remove that could cause more harm than good. 

On the plus side, however, I have been hearing more song birds outside. A true sound of spring. Maybe they know something we don't?

2 comments:

  1. Spring hasn't spring here yet, either. Even the bulbs are still hiding but the birds are out in force. My garden looks much the same as yours. It's out there under all the snow. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have marshmallows and cream puffs and mountains of white too! Winter does have its merits though...some great photographic moments. Loved your winter scenes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!