Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What's Blooming This Month? April 2014

April showers bring May flowers...
Everything here is just on the cusp of blooming and today's rain showers will no doubt help them along. Spring has definitely sprung and it's wonderful to see something new in bud every day.

Here's what's blooming in my Long Island, NY garden this month:

I planted this Helleborus "Cotton Candy" (Lenten Rose) last year, late in the season, along with the Chinodoxa bulbs. I am so happy to see them both blooming!

The daffodils have started to bloom. I love the small heads of these type with the orange trumpets. And no matter how much clean up I do, I still find oak leaves everywhere!

These white tulips are a few days away from bloom. Behind them, the Endless Summer Hydrangeas are starting to show signs of life.

 New this year are these cheery Primrose. A blast of color in the cool, early spring days.

More Chinodoxa, complete with rain drops! (Read more about these here)

I love spring - seeing all the new growth, hearing the birds singing and feeling the warm sun on my face. Can't wait to see it all unfold in the next few weeks.

And that's what's going on in my part of the world! Be sure to check out what else is growing around the country this month over at May Dreams Gardens "Garden Blogger Bloom Day" list.



3 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely spring bloomers in your garden! We're at about the same point in the growing season, although I think it will be awhile before my tulips bloom. We had a freeze last night and snow--I certainly hope it's not headed your way. Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! I hope some warmer weather will come by you soon so you can enjoy spring in all it's glory!

      Delete
  2. The spring is getting comfortable in your garden considering the cold winter you had. My tulips have started blooming only this week, and we didn't have a bad winter at all. I am happy to see them, as I planted the bulbs last year and it is the first time they are blooming in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!