Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

A May Birthday

Today is my birthday. I always loved my birthday but also loved that it was in May. There is something magical about this month. The air smells fresh and still feels cool, the leaves in the trees are a brilliant yellow-green and the spashes of color made from the spring flowers decorate the landscape. 

Outside my house right now, the Kwanzan cherry tree (Prunus serrulata) is in full bloom. For as long as I can remember, my family always called this tree my birthday tree because it bloomed on or near my birthday. True to it's given name, there it was, smiling in the sunshine for me this morning. 


A few other flowers opened up to say happy birthday too:



So to them, and all of you, thanks for the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a lovely Birthday! It is a nice month to celebrate this special time:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!