Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful for Evergreens!

The temperatures have been downright frigid, the ground frozen solid and everything outside is in a deep hibernation. I know that the days are slowly getting longer and spring will come eventually. But for now, I am so thankful to have the deep green textures of my evergreens to admire out my window.


The needle-like leaves of the cryptomeria trees along the fence are a lovely contrast to the deep green and shiny leaves of the cherry laurels in the foreground.  


The bright morning sun shines on this mixture of evergreens. The variegated green-yellow liriope and deep green ilex provide a lovely frame for the red tipped leaves of nandina behind them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!