Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Tranquility of Ponds

Whether you have a basic pond with a few fish swimming around or an elaborate pond with a big waterfall and caverns for the Koi to hide, you can't deny that a pond adds a certain tranquility to a garden setting. As I've mentioned before, I like garden structures and statues when they are tastefully integrated into the garden. I like them even more when they are added as compliments to a pond to emulate the natural environment.

Below is a photo of a pond I visited a few weeks ago:


I love the statue of the birds overlooking the pond and the waterfall to the right. The blue lacecap Hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla normalis) is a soothing compliment to the red rosebush below the statue. And the contrasting foliage of the Caladiums add a nice touch to this garden. I can easily imagine spending a lazy day of summer here, under the shade of the pine tree and listening to the water trickle into the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!