Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 Centerpiece update

As an update from my last post on Thanksgiving Centerpieces, I thought I'd show a photo of what I ended up doing this year. At first, I thought of carving a pumpkin and using that as the vase/container. I was going to fill it with flowers, berries and foliage. But my time seemed to disappear like ice on hot day. And so in the end, I decided to go the simple, seasonal route:

I cut some branches filled with colorful leaves from a Bradford Pear tree. The leaves were so pretty and glossy, they almost looked fake. In fact, a few of my guests didn't believe me when I told them they were real!

So even though it wasn't an elaborate centerpiece, I was still happy with my creation. The colors of the leaves alone were stunning. Sometimes, simple can be elegant. 

I think for Christmas this year, I'm going to ask Santa for more hours in my day... :)

4 comments:

  1. Great improv on your fall centerpiece! My daughter made one out of tree leaves for our Thanksgiving centerpiece, too! I love how well the pumpkin accents yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves do look fake. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love leaves / brances in a vase. The leaves are beautiful and best of all, real! I want more hours in my day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good looking centerpiece. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!