Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Sweet, Sweet Peas

I am so pleased with my sweet peas this year. I planted them along with string beans and both have been climbing a triangle shaped trellis I put together in a container. The string beans have a few buds on it and soon will be teeming with veggies, but right now the real joy is seeing the different colored flowers of the sweet peas popping up everywhere.


I bought a pack of seeds in the early spring that promised a mix of colors. So far, it hasn't disappointed me yet!




But even better than the sweet blossoms is the sweet fragrance that comes from them. I clipped a few and brought them inside for a small vase. Even just this small cluster filled the room with a wonderful scent!


I'll keep bringing these in as long as I can because the more you remove the flowers from the sweet pea vine, the more blossoms it will produce. Yeah to that!

2 comments:

  1. Your Sweet peas are so pretty Kate. What a great idea and use of space to plant beans with the Sweet peas. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty brought inside. I never cut mine for an arrangement. My sweet peas are vining around a Caryopteris bush. They do bloom together too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!