Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What's Blooming in the Garden? April 2015




Spring has finally sprung in my Long Island garden and all my hard work planting 200 bulbs last fall is finally paying off! Some of the bulbs are in full bloom, others are still sending up shoots. Each day there is something new to see and it's all very exciting to watch unfold. In the photo above, a group of Tete-a-Tete daffodils are happily mingling with purple hyacinth. 



Clumps of crocus are all over the property - some deep purple, some white and some purple and white!


And the lovely chinodoxa (Glory of the Snow), smiling happily upwards.


This Lenten Rose is one of three plants I planted last year. The delicious pink hue of Helleborus 'Cotton Candy' brightens my day.

Looking forward to more and more blooms and new growth as the month wears on. Hope you are enjoying your gardens were you are!

Head on over to May Dreams Gardens blog for a look at what's blooming around the country today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Even if I don't reply to each comment, please know that I do read every one of them and truly enjoy hearing from you!